Xiaomi CEO – Lei Jun, announced the Redmi Note 7 – the first phone that’s part of the new Redmi sub-brand. The phone sports a 48 MP rear camera with Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor and the device costing just CNY999 ($150).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 features 6.3 inches IPS LCD capacitive display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, 84% screen-to-body ratio. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 with Adreno 512.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Packs 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable upto 400 GB – uses sim slot 2, and 4000 mAh battery – supports Quick Charge 4.0, device will be charged from 0 to 100 in 1 hour 43 minutes. The device sports 48MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 13 MP selfie camera. The 48MP sensor with 1/2″ Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, its Quad-bayer filter is better used for outputting 12 MP images with large 1.6 μm pixels and real time HDR.
Redmi Note 7 specifications:
- Features 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 aspect ratio display with 84% screen to body ratio, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Powered by Snapdragon 660 Octa Core processor with Adreno 512 GPU
- Packs 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD uses SIM slot 2
- Runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Sports 48MP + 5MP dual rear camera with LED Flash, 48MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS. 13MP selfie camera
- Fuelled by 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4
- Other features include Dual Sim, Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, AK 98937 Smart PA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
The Redmi Note 7 will be available in Black, Blue and Purple colors. 3GB RAM variant cost 999 yuan (US$ 147), 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant costs 1199 yuan (US$ 176) and the 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant costs 1399 yuan (US$ 205). The device will be available for order in China from today and goes on sale from January 15th. It also comes with 18 months warranty instead of regular 12 months.