Xiaomi announced Black Shark gaming smartphone – the Black Shark Helo with more powerful internals and more features at a competitive price. Xiaomi Black Shark Helo features a 6.01 FHD+ AMOLED display with Refresh rate at 60Hz, HDR support even in games with independent image processing chip, whereas the older model features an LCD display.
The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and packs 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage and premium model – 10GB RAM with 256GB internal storage. Two liquid cooling pipes to keep the phone cool while gaming by reducing the CPU’s core temperature by up to 12-degree. Device sports 12MP + 20MP dual rear camera with the main 12MP sensor sitting behind a fast f/1.75 lens and featuring big 1.25μm pixels, 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture.
There is a glowing RGB logo on the back with AI game lighting that changes depending on the game. It comes with a dedicated two-stage SHARK key for better gaming experience and additionally to the standard detachable left gamepad like the predecessor, this has a right gamepad with a touchpad that can be controlled at the same time. It features a metal back shell that also combines 3D glass with condensed ridgeline offering a three-dimensional look. It has ‘X-style’ unique antenna design with WIFI antenna on the side. Cameras and battery remain same as the predecessor.
The Xiaomi Black Shark Helo 6GB RAM /128GB storage variant cost 3199 yuan (US$ 416), 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3499 yuan (US$ 504) and 10GB RAM with 256GB storage version with both right and left gamepads costs 4199 yuan (US$ 605). The device can be ordered from today and will be available for purchase starting October 30.
- Features 6.01-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Powered by Snapdragon 845 2.8GHz Octa-Core with Adreno 630 GPU
- The device packs 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage / 10GB RAM with 256GB internal storage
- Sports 12MP + 20MP dual rear camera, 12MP sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 20MP sensor with 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture. 20MP selfie camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with Joy UI
- 4000mAh powers the device
- Other features include Dual SIM (nano + nano), rear Fingerprint sensor, Two-stag SHARK key, Dual front-firing speakers, Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C