Xiaomi Redmi Y2 launched in June running MIUI 9.5 based on Android Oreo. At the same event Xiaomi announced MIUI 10 and MIUI 10 Global beta has been rolled out during June. Xiaomi stated that Stable version will be available at September.
Now the Redmi Y2 users in India started to receive the stable MIUI 10 update and it is the first device to receive MIUI 10 based Global Stable update in India. The update carries the version number MIUI 10.0.1.0.OEFMIFH and weighs around 500 MB in size. The update brings August security patch with major changes like Full-screen gestures, Improved Recent Menu, Xiao AI, Driving mode, Portrait Mode on devices, improved multitasking management, natural sound system, Redesigned Notification toggles, Redesigned Volume Sliders and more.
The other Xiaomi devices like Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 5 are also expected to receive the update soon.
Designed for full screen experience
- All-new full screen gestures will change the way you interact with your device. They can do everything you used buttons for, except they’re faster, smarter, and more convenient.
- All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage.
Natural sound system
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of MIUI 10
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important
Other improvements and optimizations
- AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel
- Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too