Honor announced the Honor 8X, another mid-range smartphone in China powered by Kirin 710 processor. Honor 8X is the successor of last year’s Honor 7X. It Features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ display and 91% screen-to-body ratio. The device comes with dual rear camera setup with LED flash, AI scene recognition that can identify up to 500 scenes. The selfie camera of the device comes with 4-in-1 pixel binning technology and AI beautify.
The device comes with a dedicated microSD card slot and support for a Dual Sim. It also supports 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match up to 30 different senses for the more realistic gaming experience.
The 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost 1399 yuan (US$ 204), 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost 1599 yuan (US$ 234) and 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage costs 1899 yuan (US$ 278). The device will be available for sale starting September 11. It will come in Black, Blue, Red and Purple colors.
Honor 8X specifications:
- Features 6.5-inch Full HD+, 19:5:9 aspect ratio display
- Powered by Kirin 710 Octa-Core processor with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- Packs 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expanded up to 400GB with dedicated microSD card slot
- Sports 20MP + 2MP dual rear camera with LED Flash, 20MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture. 16MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Runs on EMUI 8.2 on Android Oreo 8.1
- 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging
- Other features includes Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD),Fingerprint sensor, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS