Samsung is rolling out Android Oreo update to its Samsung Galaxy S7 Duos for its international variant. Recently Samsung Galaxy S7 units in UK and Verizon units received the Oreo Update. The update carries the build number G9300ZCU2CRF5 and its currently rolling out to SM-G9300.
The update brings Samsung Experience 9.0 on top Android Oreo and features such as Quick Panel, Home screen, Samsung Keyboard, system performance improvements, Samsung Dual messenger and performance improvements on Samsung Pay.
Changelogs of the Update are as below,
Samsung Experience 9.0 upgrade with Android Oreo
Samsung Experience 9.0 brings you Android Oreo, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Samsung Pay, Samsung Internet, Memo, and Email, should be updated individually before you can update your OS.
– The user settings of easy mode may be removed on new OS, please reset them after OS upgrade.
– Weather widget version update, and it will cause the weather widget disappear from idle. So please drag the weather widget to idle after you update your OS.
– Wechat Store now supports Fingerprint payment.
– Baidu search wigdet is replaced by Baidu App.
– Samsung MILK Music is updated as Samsung Music.
– Add app icon for Samsung connect and Game Launcher.
– The OneNote app will not be supported from this version.
– Myknox will not be supproted from this version, but you can download and install Secure Foler by Settings → Lock screen and security → Secure Folder
– Enhanced messaing is not supported ( Received file cannot be downloaded after upgrade)
– The lock screen theme maybe removed on new OS,please reset it after upgrade.
Here’s what’s new.
– Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
– Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
– Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
– Notification badges on app icons and in the notification panel are synced. Clear a notification in one location, and it will show as cleared in the other location.
– The Samsung keyboard toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
– GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs using Samsung keyboard.
– More high-contrast keyboards are available.
– Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
Lock Screen and Always On Display
– New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
– Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.
– Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
– Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
– View and manage photos in Samsung Cloud.
– Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
– See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
– Let your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
Samsung Dual Messenger
– Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps that verify accounts using phone numbers, you’ll need a different phone number for each account.
– Touch and hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account or go to Settings → Advanced features → Dual Messenger.
– In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed are added.
– Samsung Pay has improved speed and security.
– Clock offers Landscape mode and timer sound options.
– Tap the digital clock widget to go to Clock directly.
– After OS upgrade, the follow apps can be deleted as the customer wishes: Samsung Connect, Samsung Gear, Samsung Music, Game Launcher, Baidu.