Xiaomi has launched Redmi Y2 in India, a selfie focused smartphone. It is the version of the Redmi S2 which was introduced in China last month. Device features a 18:9 aspect ratio display , dual rear camera and 16MP selfie camera with soft LED flash, also that supports AI beauty feature, Auto HDR and uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel.
Redmi Y2 will be available exclusively in Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting June 12th. It will be available in Elegant Gold, Rose Gold and Dark Grey colors. 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage cost INR 9,999, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost INR 12,999. It comes with INR 1800 instant cashback offer and up to 240GB free data for Airtel 4G users and INR 500 instant discount on ICICI credit and debit cards on launch day.
- Features 5.99-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display
- Powered by Snapdragon 625 2GHz Octa-Core processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- Packs 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, can be expanded upto 256GB with a dedicated microSD slot
- Packs 12MP + 5MP selfie camera with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture. 16MP selfie camera with Soft LED flash , f/2.0 aperture, 78.8-degree wide-angle lens
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9
- fueled by 3080mAh battery
- Other features include Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS