ASUS announced its gaming smartphone at the Computex 2018 in Taiwan – ROG Phone. It features AMOLED HDR 90Hz display with DCIP3 gamut with Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR supported by dedicate hardware display chip. ASUS ROG features a new GameCool system to improve thermals with a copper heat spreader and 3D vapour chamber that efficiently transfer heat away from the processor and the body.
Device comes with a dedicated ultrasonic buttons, two on the left and one on the bottom right. These buttons can be configured for game-specific gestures and some non-gaming tasks such as launching specific apps and activating one-handed mode.
Device is WiGig-certified for 802.11ad 60GHz WiFi with both 2×2 MIMO and WiFi Direct. Side-mounted port also supports Gigabit Ethernet over Type-C, plus HDMI and USB. Logo on the back glows in different colors based on our choice , device can synchronize RGB illumination up to five ROG Phones wirelessly to match the rest of your devices.
ASUS ROG phone can be connected to AeroActive Cooler accessory that connects to the phone using 48-pin connector blows air over the back to accelerate heat dissipation into the environment to improve sustained performance for extremely strenuous gaming sessions. The AeroActive Cooler can also plugs into multi-purpose port, USB 3.0 Type-C connector for charger and 3.5mm audio jack for headphones.
The winView Dock, which has a clamshell design. The phone goes into the top part and the bottom part has a second 6-inch, 1080p display. The accessory also has its own 6000mAh battery.
WiGig Dock uses low-latency 802.11ad 60GHz WiFi to broadcast display signals to a base station that plugs into big-screen TVs. It pairs well with the third-party GameVice controller, which squeezes the ROG Phone between banks of traditional gamepad joysticks and buttons to enable a console-like experience.
- Features 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 90Hz, 1ms response time AMOLED display with 108.6% DCI-P3 color gamut, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6, Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR
- Powered by Snapdragon 845 2.96GHz Octa-Core processor with Adreno 630 GPU
- Packs 8GB RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage / 512GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- Sports Dual rear camera 12 MP + 12 MP , f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, LED flash, 83° field of view, PDAF, 4-axis, 4 stops optical image stabilization, AI Scene Detection, secondary rear camera with 120° wide-angle lens. 8MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture,
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with ROG Gaming X mode UI
- 4000mAh battery with 10V 3A fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
- Other features include Dual SIM (nano + nano), Fingerprint sensor, Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifier,Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Triple internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, FM Radio, Water-resistant body, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
ROG Phone will be available in Black color with the AeroActive Cooler, and other accessories will be sold separately. Top end phone can be purchased as a special bundle will pack all of them into a suitcase with the high-end version of the phone. ASUS ROG will be available in Q3 2018 and no pricing details has been announced.