Xiaomi announced Mi 8 SE along with Mi 8 and Mi 8 Explorer Edition at an event in China. Xiaomi Mi 8 SE features AMOLED display from Samsung with notch in display and 86.12% screen-to-body ratio. Device comes with a glass body and Finger print sensor is placed on the rear side of the device. Dual rear camera captures the depth information for portrait shots with AI and comes with intelligent scene detection. Selfie camera comes with AI portraits, AI beautification and uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE will be available in Black, Blue, Red and Gold colors. 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant cost 1799 yuan (US$ 280) and 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs 1999 yuan (US$ 312). Xiaomi Mi 8 SE will be available in China starting June 8th.
- Features 5.88-inch Full HD+ 18.7:9 aspect ratio display
- Powered by Snapdragon 710 Octa Core processor with Adreno 616 GPU
- Packs 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Sports 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera with LED flash, 12MP sensor with 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD, f/1.9 aperture, 5MP secondary camera with 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 20MP selfie camera
- Runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Fueled by 3120mAh battery, battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Other features includes Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C Audio, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C