OnePlus announced its 2018 flagship smartphone OnePlus 6 at an event in London. OnePlus 6 features a 6.29-inch Optic AMOLED display with a notch screen, 19:9 aspect ratio and 84% screen-to-body ratio.
OnePlus 6 features a glass back on its flagship with in the new Mirror Black version protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It has a thin layer of film underneath the glass to create a sense of depth as light and shadow move on the device. OnePlus confirmed that the Mirror Black version featured five printed layers of Nanotech Coating. The OnePlus 6 also comes in Midnight Black version which also has a glass back, but with matte finish. “A jagged texture was etched onto the film to produce a subtle S-shaped line when the phone is reflected in light,” says the company. The limited-edition Silk White version uses pearl powder to create a subtle shimmering effect.
Device features Face unlock and rear finger print sensor (Oval shaped). OnePlus has moved the alert slider to the right from left. The company has promised portrait mode for the front camera through software update. OnePlus camera records 4K video @ 60 fps and it can shoot 480 fps slow-mo videos at 720p resolution for 3.75s. The video is recorded through the 16 MP main camera on the back, which has a sensor 19% larger than the one in the 5T.
OnePlus 6 comes in 3 variants, 6GB RAM / 64GB version in Mirror Black cost $529 / €519 / £469 , 8GB RAM / 128GB storage version in Mirror Black, Midnight Black and limited-edition Silk White cost $579/ €569/ £519 and 8GB RAM / 256GB storage Midnight Black version costs $629 / €619 / £569. OnePlus 6 will be available across the global starting May 22.
- Features 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 2.8GHz Octa-Core with Adreno 630 GPU
- Packs 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB internal storage
- Runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1
- Sports 16MP + 20 MP dual rear camera , 16MP sensor – f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.22μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, 20MP sensor – Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 480 fps slo-mo at 720p, 240 fps at 1080p, 4k at 60 fps
- 16MP selfie camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Fueled by 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V – 4A) support
- Other features include Dual SIM (nano + nano), Fingerprint sensor, Water-resistant body, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C