Xiaomi has announced Redmi S2 in China, a selfie-focused smartphone. The device is simliar to Redmi note 5 and uses the same processor. Redmi S2 features 18:9 aspect ratio display and runs on latest Android Version.
Redmi S2 packs 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture depth information for AI portrait shots. It sports 16MP selfie camera with soft LED flash, supports AI beauty feature and uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel.
Redmi S2 will be available in Rose Gold, Champagne Gold, Platinum Silver colors and device can be purchased exclusively on Suning.com.
- Features 5.99-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 display
- Powered by Snapdragon 625 2GHz Octa-Core processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- It packs 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, can be expanded up to 256GB through microSD
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9 on top
- It sports 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera with LED flash and 16MP selfie camera with LED flash
- Fueled by 3080mAh battery
- Other features include Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, Infrared sensor, Dual Sim, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
Redmi S2 costs 999 yuan (US$ 156) for 3GB RAM / 32GB storage variant and 1299 yuan (US$ 204) for 4GB RAM /64GB storage variant. Device can be purchased exclusively on Suning.com.