Sharp phones have released successor to AQUOS R – called AQUOS R2 smartphone. Sharp AQUOS R2 comes with an interesting feature which will differentiate it from other manufactures, – dedicated camera for video recording.
The phone comes with a high screen-to-body ratio with a small notch at the top for the selfie camera and earpiece similar to Essential Phone with 100 Hz refresh rate. Sharp AQUOS R2 is IPX5/IPX8/IP6X certified and boasts Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for a richer multimedia experience.
It sports 16.3MP selfie camera and 16.3MP + 22.6MP dual rear camera. 16.3MP sensor for video recording and another 22.6MP sensor for stills photos. Dedicated video-only camera comes with a few new features like records 4K video in ultra-wide angle (135°), although the angle narrows to compensate for shaking. In addition, an AI takes photos automatically during a video shoot. You can see what the video camera is capable of, what the AI Live Shutter works and how it handles image stabilization in the sample videos below.
- Features 6.0″ IGZO IPS panel with 19:9 ratio, WHQD+ (1440 x 3040 pixels) resolution and 100 Hz refresh rate
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset
- Packs 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 400GB via microSD card
- Sports 16.3MP selfie camera and 16.3MP + 22.6MP dual rear camera
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.0
- Fuelled by 3,130mAh battery