HTC just announced a launch event for a new smartphone later this month, May 23, and the HTC U12+ flagship will likely be the star of the show. The HTC U12+ is expected to come as a top-notch powerhouse with high-end specs and features all around, ready to compete with other flagships from Samsung, Apple, LG, and more.
HTC U12+ Specs and Features
- HTC U12+ should feature a 5.5 or 5.6-inch display with a QHD+ resolution of 2,880 x 1,440 pixels and Gorilla Glass 5 protection for extra scratch resistance.
- Under the hood, the device is expected to pack a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845Mobile Platform, paired with Adreno 630 graphics and 6 GB or 8 GB of RAM, along with 64 GB or 64 GB of native storage space.
- On the software side, the smartphone will launch with Android 8.0 Oreoon board out of the box, with HTC’s own Sense UI on top.
- On the rear, it would have a 12-megapixel UltraPixel 4 sensor with an f/1.5 aperture, optical image stabilization, and dual LED flash, and another 16-megapixel camera.
- On the front, the handset is expected to sport two 8-megapixel cameras with optical image stabilization and real-time bokeh effects for the perfect selfies.
- The upcoming HTC U12+ also feature IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner for extra security, USB-C audio, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, NFC, and GPS with GLONASS.
- Lastly, the smartphone should pack a 3,420 mAh battery.